Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Am I lonely in this as well?

Do you ever go through your cell phone contacts, making calls in alphabetical order until someone picks up? I don't actually go through name by name, but I go through the names of the people that I could call without any legitimate reason (eg. just to talk). I usually go through this ritual on Sunday nights. I think Sundays lend themselves to lonliness because you realize that a week has come and gone and you are facing another week where perhaps you know you'll be eating cereal for dinner (every night).

I often wonder if the A names (because I'm lazy and put in first names then last names, the A's are actually the Andrea's and the Aunt's) get sick of me calling once a week. Sometimes the S's don't quite get called because somewhere around the M's or N's, someone picks up. I wonder if they feel missed.

Alright, so maybe I start out with the E's (that's a good letter in my phone), but when they turn up not available, I revert to ascending alphabetic order. OCD?

No comments:

Followers